Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Technology Everywhere!

Its just fascinating to think of all the ways technology influences our lives. In fact, its difficult to think of a part of our life that its not affected by technology. By affected, I mean controlled by a computer. When we have a question, we can ask the question to our phone which converts the sound into text and then converts the text into a request to Google. Google then responds with the data almost immediately. Our cars have computer systems. Our washing machines have computers and so does almost everything else. At what point, if ever, will technology control too much of our lives? Will humans ever become obsolete? It is an interesting question. Certainly, we can agree that technology is not going away anytime soon. In fact, I think we can agree that technology is going to increasingly affect more aspects of our lives. This recent news article shows how our watches may soon tap into our cars. This sounds cool, dangerous, and exciting all at once and shows that people continue to find more ways to add technology to our lives!

1 comment:

  1. It's true technology is everywhere, but I don't think it is controlling us. I certainly don't feel like I have any less agency just because I can ask my phone a question. I think it enriches our lives.

    ReplyDelete